Is that a Plant?

 Fifteen years ago, I went on a wonderful tour of England's sacred sites. We were a group of about 10, all women. Each day we went to a different place like Stonehenge and Avebury. Then we discovered that crop circles were appearing almost daily in our vicinity, and we found that the Crop Circle Cafe acted like an information center on the circles. Each morning we'd call to see if another one had appeared, and get directions. It was exciting to seek out these new circles before farmers mowed them down. The first time we visited one, we found ourselves wanting to lie down in it, though that seemed a little weird. Then our leader told us that everyone felt that way. So we did it, spread out over these massive designs, soaking in the (what? energy? atmosphere?). We found that it didn't work to take delicate electrical gadgets into the circles, for they got zapped or malfunctioned. Proof, I guess, that something unusual was happening there. These crop circles appeared in seconds, so clearly were not made by humans with boards. But as far as I know, they are still a mystery. Who/what makes them? It's OK with me for it to remain a mystery. We need more mysteries in our lives.

One of my fellow trip-mates was some sort of a bodyworker/energy worker. She offered to give me a session and I agreed. We were not in a crop circle for this, just in the front room of one of our lodgings. I remember lying down there and she worked on relaxing my back muscles. Then she tuned in to my needs in a different way, and after a few moments of quiet, she said, "I'm getting a message about something that would be very good for you. Maybe it's a plant. Have you ever heard of something called "Lovage"?

I hadn't heard of lovage either, but when I got back to the States,  I looked it up. Indeed, it IS a plant, and one that is cultivated frequently in Europe, a soup and salad green. I ordered lovage seeds and planted them in my greenhouse the next spring. They germinated and grew into small green plants which I sold at my Iowa City Farmers Market stand. I planted some in my own garden too, but for some reason I never had any luck with them doing well for me. For years I tried to get a lovage plant to thrive in my garden, and it never happened. 

Until I moved to Prairie Hill! Now I have lovage plants doing well in three places here. Finally! I have yet to taste this lovage, but I hear that it is licorice-like. One of these days soon, I'm going to put some in soup. Maybe today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering True Place

We Are in Tough Times

Speaking the Truth of Love