Watching for Weather

 Watching for Weather


For weeks now I’ve watched the clouds,

waiting not just for rain, though we need it,

but for a real storm, a writhing, thrashing thing,

that will shake us up and put us back together.


I want the wind to roar, the thunder crash.

I want lightning flashes to fill the sky

and all animals to tremble in their shelters,

all other activities to cease.


The power of the storm will pull me outside to stand

in the pouring rain, feel the wind rustling through my clothing.

I will become one with the wild tempest, pulled up and out

of my small self, swept away into the turbulent, creative center.


NF 7/26/22


Comments

  1. Great poem - you should submit it to the New Yorker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another powerful poem, Nan, that meets nature head-on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering True Place

We Are in Tough Times

Speaking the Truth of Love