Whatever the Odds

Whatever the Odds


When I look out to the world and see a hopeless mess,

When it seems there is no way of righting our wrongs,

And the future looks dim and depressing,

It makes me shrink inside and forget hope.


We truly have lost our way, the intrepid human.

We wanted to gain control of everything

But we didn’t see that we are just a small part

Of the whole. And we have broken the connections.


The earth may recover and regain it’s health

But we are burning our own bridges.

And I am part of that destructive force.

My own family of man, my own family.


Do I despair? Give up and sit idle?

Or might it be better to find a glimmer of hope

And follow it with persistence and effort.

Engaging in the work of healing.


Yes, I will do that. I will open my heart

To hope and do my best to repair the damage,

Spend my energy toward positive change

Whatever the odds may be.


NF 6/27/23

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering True Place

We Are in Tough Times

Speaking the Truth of Love