Speaking the Truth of Love

 Speaking the Truth of Love


A solitary week recovering from surgery.

Cooped up inside my small home.

Feeling too alone, too isolated, empty.

I ask myself, what can I do to feel better?


And the answer comes: sit quietly and wait.

Sit quietly and let your mind open.

Sitting quietly, it slowly comes to me

that I am not really alone, not ever.


My small being is one of millions

and all of us tied together in one magic web.

A web of unseen connections and alliances

all held softly together by a great invisible force.


The plants at my feet, the insects in the air,

the tiny microorganisms underground

the moon and sun, rain and winds

all nestled together in one great interconnected whole.


There are other creatures like me, waiting to heal.

And creative energies helping that process.

I am surrounded by a nurturing living world,

an encompassing kind of love that binds all things.


Can I take my cue from this insight?

In a world that seems badly in need of help,

Could I root myself in that force that holds me

and let it speak its truth through my life?

I will try. (though Yoda says: do not try! Do!)


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering True Place

We Are in Tough Times