Wise Giants in Our Midst

 Wise Giants in Our Midst


I am filled with love for trees,

their exquisite winter forms

showing a whole life story,

each one different, each story their own.


Especially the solitary giant, 

standing alone, not just stretching up, 

but with room to stretch far out,

reveling in unhindered freedom of expression.


As I walk by these wonders of creation,

I catch my breath at each new view.

These intricate works of beauty

stun me into an awed silence.


It is as if they are radiating out their branches

in greeting, their inner structures unwrapped,

their personalities standing out in relief.

I am honored to meet them so transparently. 


Tree wisdom is different than ours

but I feel expanded underneath their branches,

protected and nurtured by these huge beings

standing tall and strong in our midst.


Imagine a different world

where species’ roles were switched,

where animals like us were small and modest

and the confederation of our tall tree leaders

bound us together in a vibrant energetic web of life.


NF 12/26/23


Comments

  1. I shall be sitting with that image of switched rolls..... I know it will improve my perspective and be insightful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering True Place

We Are in Tough Times

Speaking the Truth of Love