Green Homecoming

 Green Homecoming

I’m sitting in the warm companionship

of my newly migrated houseplants,

just moved in from the front porch, 

out of danger of cold and frost,

into the protection of my home,

For the first time in five months,

I feel softly surrounded by intimate friends 

as I watch baseball reruns on my TV, 

leafy living green on either side of me.


After spending the day heaving and lifting,

trimming and watering, moving furniture here and there,

finally a place was found

for all these members of my family.

Maybe I don’t need a kitty after all.

Most of these plants have been with me for years,

and yet again I realize they are like my beloved pets.

I wonder if they can feel that love.

Whether in my imagination or not,

I sense a gratitude on both sides.

Comments

  1. Glad for your safe return home, and plant loving Blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We agree with Joyce! Thank you again, Nan, for so many inspiring words to help keep us on track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I believe they feel your love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Are in Tough Times

The Magnitude of Trees

Recovering in Asheville