Healing Herb Workshop, this Saturday, October 10th, at Prairie Hill
I meant to post this earlier, but things got too busy here! For those of you who live within traveling distance of Iowa City, you might be interested in coming to learn about and harvest healing herbs on Saturday. We'll start at 2:00 in the Prairie Hill Common House. And then later we'll go out to my medicinal herb garden, and you can harvest anything that you'd like. You'll get directions about how to make tinctures and how to make salves. So if you're interested, you can go home and use herbs from this garden to fill your own winter medicine cabinet. I'm pasting a list of most of the herbs growing here right now, though there are some others that didn't make it onto the list. No charge for this. I love to share my garden and the information about how plants can help make us more resilient and healthy. Here's a partial list of what's here now:
Anise Hyssop
Black Cohosh
Borage
Burdock Root
Common Sage
Dandelion Root
Echinacea
Elecampane
Goldenrod
Horehound
Lemonbalm
Motherwort
Mugwort
Peppermint
Plantain
Rosa Rugosa
Rue
St. Johnswort
Thyme
Valerian
Comments
Post a Comment